Saturday, June 25, 2016

No-Fail Chocolate Chip Cookies

This has been our go to chocolate chip cookie recipe for awhile now and I think the corn-starch is what makes them consistently work out every time. Will asked me when I was going to make "real cookies" one day after Randy had made no bake cookies and I found out these chocolate chip cookies are what Will refers to as the "real" kind of cookie. We usually double the recipe and keep most of them frozen as cookie dough balls so we can quickly bake cookies when we need them. 2 1/2 cubes butter 1 1/4 c dark brown sugar 1 c granulated sugar 2 eggs 2 tsp vanilla 3 2/3 c flour 2 T. corn starch (I use about 3/4 that amount so I do 3 T. when I double it) 1 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 1/2 tsp salt 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips 1 c milk chocolate chips (I usually skip this part because I rarely have these on hand because we eat them all before they make it into cookies) Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and combine. Stir in chocolate chips. Chill the dough before baking (I skip this part most of the time). Bake at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes . I found the recipe at barefootinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2009/02/ive-never-been-good-at-baking-chocolate.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment