Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Italian White Bean, Cabbage, and Sausage Soup

Yield: 8-10 servings

Ingredients:
1 pound hot or regular breakfast sausage
1 small onion, diced
1 small cabbage, sliced into bite size pieces, about 4 cups worth (I used about 7 cups)
1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
2 15 ounce cans of drained great northern beans
6 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp thyme

Directions:
Cook and crumble the sausage in a large pot with the diced onions, over medium high heat.  Add the cabbage, beans, tomatoes, broth and spices.  Stir to combine and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes to soften the cabbage.  Enjoy!

(Note:  Make sure you use a good seasoned sausage.  The first time I made it I used a sausage that was seasoned real good but not hot and it turned out great.  The second time I made it I just had a plain sausage and I ended up adding a lot of spices to make it taste better)

No comments:

Post a Comment